The Yes on Initiative 735 campaign is excited to sponsor a special panel discussion on how the undue influence of money is effecting our political system. Topics to be discussed included how court decisions such as Citizens United got us here, how corporate personhood and money as speech came to be, and how amending the Constitution is a viable option to help restore democracy and bring power back to the people.
*PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A $5 FEE.
Panel guests confirmed:
|John Bonifaz, President,
Free Speech for People
|Aquene Freechild, Co-Director,
Public Citizen's Democracy Is
For People Campaign
|Derek Cressman, Author,
When Money Talks
5:30 -7 pm - Welcoming reception and fundraiser for I-735 with special guests - We will have a silent auction and food and beverages will be served.
7-9 pm - Forum & Panel Discussion
• Welcome & Introductions - 10 minutes
• Initiative 735 Updates - 5-10 minutes
• Remarks from Panel Guests - 5-10 minutes each - 40-50 minutes
• Extended Q&A - from written questions collected from audience - 40-50 minutes
• Closing Comments - 1-2 minutes each - 10 minutes
NOTE EVEN IF YOU RSVP, YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A TICKET FOR $5 ON THIS PAGE
153 14th Ave
Seattle, WA 98122
Google map and directions