Welcome to the Citizen Uprising in New Jersey!
Thanks to the great work of our allies and activists in the state, our state legislature passed a resolution [SR 47 & AR 86] adding New Jersey to the growing list calling on Congress to pass a 28th Amendment to get big money out of politics, as well as a call for an Amendment Convention in 2015. That's just the beginning.
Get connected with the one of New Jersey's three American Promise Associations and join an organized, dynamic group of active citizen leaders already in your community!
- Montclair, NJ APA: Laura Knipmeyer, email@example.com.
- Tri-County, NJ APA (Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester Counties): Marie HenselderKimmell, firstname.lastname@example.org // Joan Divor, email@example.com
- South Jersey, NJ APA: Shoshana Osofsky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Now it's time to translate that support in the state legislature into votes in Congress. Our citizen leaders, volunteers, and allies in the state will be working to make sure that the New Jersey congressional delegation heeds that call by the state to support the 28th Amendment. We'll also be working to get (and keep!) New Jersey ready to ratify once the Amendment gets through Congress.
Take the Pledge to call for a 28th Amendment so we can keep you up to date with what's going on in the Uprising.
In the meantime, you can get started with easy to use tools. Take them out for a spin.
- Read more - this is big!
- Get in touch with your legislator - it works!
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper - they want to publish your stories!
Ready to join a team? Sign up below, raise your voice and get organized right where you live.
Prefer to donate? Fund grassroots action in your community.
One by one, citizens will put us on the map with all the other states working for the 28th Amendment that says PEOPLE - NOT MONEY - GOVERN THE UNITED STATES.
We CAN make the difference.