CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE!
Over 150 years ago, Abraham Lincoln extolled our American democracy as a government as “of the people, by the people, and for the people.”
If you still cherish that vision, and think that the Citizens United decision went too far, if you think that the voice of individual voters in our politics and elections has become overshadowed by big, multi-layered, corporate special interests, there’s something “we the people” can do.
Join us on February 15, 2018 from 7pm to 9pm for a free workshop to learn about how to make this issue an important part of the 2018 mid-term elections to make sure our elected officials know that people - not money, not corporations, not super PACs - govern the United States.
This 2-hour training session, hosted by Citizen Empowerment Coordinator Azor Cole, will discuss:
- The impact of the Supreme Court’s decision in the Citizens United case
- The proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution
- Why a 28th Amendment is needed now more than ever
- The 19 states that have already voiced their support for a 28th Amendment
- How you can get more involved
1157 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10075
Google map and directions