Welcome to the Citizen Uprising in Ohio!
Our volunteers, activists, and allies are working towards passing a state legislative resolution [HR 74 in the House] & [SR 37 in the Senate] to add Ohio to the growing list of states calling for a 28th Amendment to get big money out of politics. We're also gearing up for a ballot initiative in the future to raise the voices of all Ohio voters. Wherever we act, we win.
HR 74 is currently in the Federalism and Interstate Relations committee, and it's our job to make sure our elected officials know where we stand!
Here's what you can do today:
Call committee members and tell them you support HR 74 and would like a second public hearing. Here are some talking points.
- Call the committee chair Rep. Kristina Roegner (R) at (614) 466-1177
- Call the committee vice chair Rep. Scott Lipps (R) at (614) 644-6023
- Call the rest of the committee members
- Email your state Representative(s) and ask them to support HR 74. (If you don’t know who they are, you can find that out here.) Just as with phone calls, you should ask them to put partisan differences aside and vote on HR 74.
Get connected with the Port Clinton, OH American Promise Association and join an organized, dynamic group of active citizen leaders already in your community! Contact: Ellen Greene Bush, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take the Pledge to call for a 28th Amendment so we can keep you up to date with what's going on in the Uprising.
In the meantime, you can get started with easy to use tools. Take them out for a spin.
- Read more - this is big!
- Get in touch with your legislator - it works!
- Write a Letter to the Editor of your local paper - they want to publish your stories!
Ready to join a team? Sign up below, raise your voice and get organized right where you live.
Prefer to donate? Fund grassroots action in your community.
One by one, citizens will put us on the map with all the other states working for the 28th Amendment that says PEOPLE - NOT MONEY - GOVERN THE UNITED STATES.
We CAN make the difference.