We’re glad you’re here.
As an AP Citizen, you’ll join a national grassroots network of active citizens from all viewpoints in pursuit of the 28th Amendment. Amending the Constitution is how Americans will regain control of our lives and free our democracy from the unjust influence of corporations, unions, and global wealth. Only the collective power of the many, can compete with the concentrated power of the few.
American Promise Associations (APAs) are springing up around the country to strengthen citizen action among friends and neighbors on local initiatives that prepare communities for broader action.
In Washington, that means building up momentum for Initiative 735 and what comes after. 735 will make Washington the 18th state to go on record againstCitizens United, adding momentum to the nationwide call. But the fight won't end there. We will need continuous pressure on our lawmakers to ensure that they follow the will of the people, and we will need to spread our campaign to states wanting to start initiatives similar to 735.
We sustain momentum by harnessing all the energy of those local efforts and broadcasting across APConnect - our secure, online meetinghouse.
AP Resources and Support
- Curated content and training
- Scorecards of national progress
- Professional development and training for local APAs
- On the Move: a bi-monthly digest for busy local citizens
- Regular webinars and educational forums
- Telephone Town Halls with leaders of the cause
The benefits of AP Citizenship include:
- Grassroots energy, National infrastructure, inclusive membership
- Civil discourse among citizens for love of country
- Reclaiming control over our lives and our democracy