You can take concrete action to help end Big Money in politics this weekend at the NCLC—whether you will be in attendance or supporting from afar.
Starting tomorrow, the National Citizen Leadership Conference (NCLC) will connect hundreds of citizen leaders in the fight for the 28th amendment to get money out of politics. Many Americans report feeling disempowered and at a loss for how to create a government that works for people, not money. But you can make a difference—just do one of these action items to advance the 28th amendment—whether at the NCLC or at home. We want all of you to help us amplify the spirit and messages from the conference.
Attending NCLC? 5 Ways to Help Amplify the Event
- Add our NCLC photo frame to your social media profile pic! Show your support proudly with this custom NCLC social media frame.
- Post to social media! Help lift up this important event by posting updates to your personal social media accounts. Take pictures and share what you’ve learned at the conference with friends and followers using the hashtag #NCLC2018.
- Build community! At the conference, you will meet people from across the country who share your passion for getting money out of politics. Attend the many social activities scheduled to foster community-building, including a mix and mingle reception on the first day of the conference, June 22nd, and group exercises on Sunday, June 24th. Download the app Whova for a full list of events with descriptions.
- Talk to congress! On June 25th, the last day of the conference, attendees have the opportunity to apply what they learned over the weekend on Capitol Hill during our first Lobby Day event. Teams will be formed to meet with their members of Congress to advocate for the 28th amendment. Together, we can show our elected officials that their constituents want money out of politics.
- Take home an action item! While at the conference, keep an eye out for action items you can follow up on afterward: Joining or forming your local American Promise Association, reaching out to congresspeople by phone, writing a letter to the editor, or whatever other ideas inspire you in the fight for the 28th!
Can’t Attend? 5 Ways to Support NCLC from Home
- Add our NCLC photo frame to your social media profile pic! Even if you can’t make it, show your support proudly with this custom NCLC social media frame.
- Watch from home! We’ll be live-streaming parts of the event, FB Live interviews with speakers and attendees and more. Keep an eye on our social media channels during the event to watch highlights live and be part of the action. Follow us on Facebook @ouramericanpromise, on Twitter @usapromise and on Instagram @americanpromiseusa.
- Raise awareness on social media! Help lift up this important event by posting updates to your personal social media accounts. Follow the hashtag #NCLC2018 and like and share posts you see!
- Lobby congress from home! Join the rising chorus calling for an end to Big Money and corruption in our political system. Our citizen lobbyists will be talking with members of congress in person on Lobby Day, June 25th. Join them by calling your members of congress that same day to ask them to support the 28th amendment. Together, we can show our elected officials that their constituents want money out of politics.
- Complete an at-home an action item! If you can’t attend, there are many steps you can take at home to support the 28th amendment. Consider joining or forming a local American Promise Association, writing a letter to the editor, or completing any of these action items.